Monday, September 17, 2012

Retrieval and Transfer done!

On Monday September 10, 2012 I had my fourth and final monitoring appt. After being on 150IUs of Menopur and Follistim for 9 days, I was told I had 24 follicles, with 18 of them being over 1cm. So I felt full and ready to go. I gave myself the HCG and final Lupron shot that night.

On Wednesday at 6:45am DH was able to collect at home. We arrived at IVF embryologist at 7:30. I registered at same day surgery, and was put in a gown and we got to hang out in a private room with a recliner and TV. At about 10:30 they took me to IVF services and a new room with another recliner and TV. All the nurses and Doctors came in to introduce themselves. The anesthesiologist came in and hooked up my IV and explained what was going to happen. Around 11:45 the nurse took me to the OR while DH waited in our room. They laid me out, feet in stirrups, and gave me the good stuff. The last thing I remember was saying “whoa.”

Then I remember talking to someone about how many eggs and how many we might get to freeze for later but I don’t remember who. Then I opened my eyes and I was back with DH. He said I had been talking to him for a while. I slowly came completely back to my senses. I was cramping a lot, so they gave me a Vicodin. After a while the nurse gave me the progesterone shot, took out my IV and told me to get dressed. I was a little out of it all day and crampy up until Friday morning.

On Thursday we learned that all 7 eggs that were retrieved were fertilized!! We are now the proud parents of 7 little embryos!! 

The transfer was easy. Got to the hospital at 10:30, got into my gown and this time DH got scrubs. We waited for three hours and finally Dr. Silber came in, gave us a picture of our embryos, and told me he was going to talk me through a guided relaxation during the procedure.

They got be back in the stirrups in the OR, DH was right next to me, stroking my forehead. Dr. Silber gently led me into relaxation, and BAM, it was done.

Now we wait. Two little embryos are in my uterus, this is amazing. I am trying to visualize them dividing, developing, hatching, and then implanting. I’m going to do yoga and/or meditation every night for the next two weeks until our pregnancy test.

DH has been giving me the progesterone shots every night in my bum, it hurts and I'm sore but this will all be worth it!

We’re thinking of names, and the possibility of twins!

Jovian(Jovi)            Sullivan(Sully)
Ruby                      Desmond
River                       Jory
Penelope                Finley
Tesla(Tess)             Miles
Leona                      Harvey
Cecelia                    Oscar

Isla

No comments:

Post a Comment